|Do you offer the best appetizer? Put your food to the test at the upcoming Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo for the chance to win $1,000!
Submit the recipe for your best appetizer and a short video on why you should be crowned the Rapid Fire Appetizer Champion (details below)! From the submissions, 3 chefs will be chosen to face-off live in our Culinary Demonstration Theater (where the likes of Emeril Lagasse, the Too Hot Tamales, Thomas Keller, Guy Fieri and more have taken the stage) and put their appetizer to the test by demonstrating their recipe and providing tastes for the audience and three esteemed judges. The appetizer can be anything you want! The only requirement is that your appetizer feature one local ingredient. Your locally sourced ingredient can be anything – cheese, bread, spice, protein… whatever your secret ingredient is!
The winner will be crowned the Western Food Expo Rapid Fire Champion and receive $1,000 as well as gain exposure to over 100 media outlets including the LA Times, Dining Out San Diego, Huffington Post, and local television affiliates as well as 10,000 of your industry peers!
Think you have the best App? Check out the details below and then send in your submission today!
- Submissions must include your name, restaurant, recipe for your appetizer (which must note the locally sourced ingredient) and a short video submission of why you should be crowned the Rapid Fire Appetizer Champ! Don't get hung up on the video production - your energy is more important than the video quality...it can be as be as simple as being shot with your smart phone! You must send this to email@example.com no later than June 30.
- Videos will be added to the Western Food Expo Facebook page for peer voting for the Top 3 best appetizers and presentation. Voting will take place July 5-10.
- The top 3 chefs must be available to do a culinary demonstration of their dish on Monday, August 28 at the show at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- At the show, the top 3 chefs will each be given 15 minutes to demo their dish for 3 esteemed judges. They should also plan on having samples available for about 50 audience members and press who will also have a vote.
- The judges and audience will then crown the Rapid Fire: Appetizer Edition Champion!
Enter today... bragging rights are at stake!