We are delighted to welcome you to your first visit to the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo. We've created this guide to help you navigate this all-encompassing event.
1. Register Early
2. Getting To And In The Door
The Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo takes place at the Los Angeles Convention Center over a total of 3 days – August 27-29, 2017. The education program, named The Ferdinand Metz Foodservice Forum, offers a number of sessions and events that are included with your registration; and they run the same three days of the event.
The Los Angeles Convention Center is located at 1201 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA, 90015.
- Public Transportation - Public transportation is available to and from the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- Attendee Parking - The rate to park at the Los Angeles Convention Center ranges from $15.00 to $20.00 (No In/Out). Overnight parking is not available and vehicles parked overnight are subject to ticketing and towing
3. Planning Tools
Please check back soon for planning tools.
4. Survival Tips
It May Seem Silly...
...But this list of things to know, remember, or bring will be very helpful on site:
- Extra Business Cards - It may sound obvious, but too often attendees don't bring a sufficient supply or forget them altogether! The Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo is a tremendous networking opportunity - come prepared!
- Download the Show Specials - From the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo website (coming in 2015) and bring it with you to the Show so you won't miss any of the specials being offered on site by exhibitors or the great networking events.
- Make Appointments in Advance - Having a pre-set schedule and sticking to it will help reduce the time you spend trying to get to the right individuals at busy booths.
- Wear Comfortable Shoes - You'll be on your feet most of the day(s), and while we provide as many lounges and seating areas as possible, comfortable shoes are your best defense, particularly those with substantial soles or low heels, to cushion your feet from the concrete floors just below all the carpeting in the Exhibit Hall.
5. Important Locations
Here are some key resources in and around the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo that you'll find helpful:
- Education Theaters - Located at the back of the Exhibit Hall, this is where you'll find all of the Ferdinand Metz Foodservice Forum Education Sessions.
- Culinary Demonstration Theater - Located in the back, left side of the hall, this is where you'll find all of the Culinary Demonstrations taking place throughout the three days of the show.
- Show Office - Located outside of West Hall and at the top of the escalators.
- Security - Located outside of West Hall.
- Image Quest Plus - Full service business center on-site to provide copy, fax services and small package shipping, etc. Located along the concourse between the West Halls and South Halls.
- LA Live - Entertainment district across the street from the LA Convention Center that houses several restaurants.