August is National Sandwich Month! Do you offer the best sandwich?
We asked chefs to put their food to the test at the upcoming Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo for the chance to win $1,000!
In honor of National Sandwich Month we are looking for the best sandwich! Over the month of July, chefs all over the country submitted their recipes for their best sandwich along with a short video on why they should be crowned the Rapid Fire Champion! From the submissions, 3 chefs were chosen to face-off live in our Center Stage (where the likes of Emeril Lagasse, the Too Hot Tamales, Thomas Keller, Guy Fieri and more have cooked) and put their sandwiches to the test by demonstrating their recipe and providing tastes for the audience and three esteemed judges.
This year's Rapid Fire Challenge is presented by...
Rapid Fire Sandwich Judges include:
Chef Shirley Chung
"Top Chef" Season 11 & 14
Chef Brian Huskey
"Top Chef" Season 11
Chef Katsuji Tanabe
"Top Chef" Season 12 & 14
Learn more about your 2017 Rapid Fire Challengers today and check out their videos in our playlist HERE:
The winner will be crowned the Western Food Expo Rapid Fire Champion of 2017 and receive $1,000, as well as gain exposure to over 100 media outlets including the LA Times, Dining Out San Diego, Huffington Post, and local television affiliates - not to mention 10,000 of their industry peers!
- Submissions must include your name, restaurant, recipe for your sandwich (which must note the locally sourced ingredient) and a short video submission of why you should be crowned the Rapid Fire Sandwich Champ! Don't get hung up on the video production - your energy is more important than the video quality...it can be as be as simple as being shot with your smart phone! You must send this to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 10.
- Videos will be added to the Western Food Expo Facebook page for peer voting for the Top 3 best sandwiches and presentation. Voting will take place July 12-17.
- The top 3 chefs must be available to do a culinary demonstration of their sandwich on Monday, August 28 at the show at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- At the show, the top 3 chefs will each be given 15 minutes to demo their sandwich for 3 esteemed judges. They should also plan on having samples available for about 50 audience members and press who will also have a vote.
- The judges and audience will then crown the Rapid Fire: Sandwich Edition Champion!