The Culinary + Cocktail Clash
Sunday, August 19, 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Proceeds to benefit the California Restaurant Association Foundation
The Culinary + Cocktail Clash is back on Sunday, August 19 and it’s bigger than ever! Watch as restaurant executives, with the help of high school culinary students, duke it out in the ultimate culinary battle. Meanwhile, top bartenders will be shaking things up in the Cocktail Clash. You’re invited to join us for fun times, music, bites and beverages. Admission is free! This event supports the California Restaurant Association Foundation and is presented by Coca-Cola.
- Biggest event during the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo
- 700+ attendees cheering on their favorite restaurant brands
- Culinary teams consist of a chef, executive and a student serving a sous chef
- Cocktail teams will have 5 minutes to create a craft cocktail with Ketel One or Don Julio and a Coca-Cola mixer
- Rodney Strong and Karl Strauss served up libations for all
- At the 2017 Clash, Real Mex Restaurants handed out 900 sombreros, had a mariachi band, and served delectable bites from El Torito, Acapulco, Chevy's and Las Brisas!
2018 Culinary + Cocktail Clash Winners
Culinary Clash Winners:
• The Purse – Wedgewood Weddings
• Coca-Cola Champ – Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
• Golden Glove Champ – House of Blues
• Golden Plate Champ – BJ’s Restaurants
• Teamwork Champ – California Fish Grill
• Ecolab Champ – Urban Plates
• safeTstep Shoefie Award – Andrew Moreno with California Fish Grill
• KitchenAid Champs - Lawry's Restaurants + Wedgewood Weddings
• Foster Farms Champ – Pacifica Hotels
• FreshPoint Secret Ingredient Champ – Black Bear Diner
• Team Spirit Award – Black Bear Diner
• Best Bite Champ – Specialty Restaurants Corp.
• Mentor of the Year – Louie Jocson, California Fish Grill
• People's Choice – Hard Rock Café
Cocktail Clash Winners:
• Diageo Golden Goblet – Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar
• Coca-Cola Champ – Pacifica Hotels
• Best Garnish Award – House of Blues
• The Craftiest – Rock & Brews
New for 2018!
NEW Opportunity for Exhibitors
Gain additional exposure during the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo. You are invited to highlight your tasty food or beverage item for 500+ attendees during The Culinary + Cocktail Clash. Get your product in front of more Expo attendees and drive traffic back to your booth! Double the exposure!
Exhibitors are welcome to join the event beginning at 5:00 PM. To reserve your complimentary table, please contact Erin Mascho at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsored by Coca Cola, the Culinary Clash will take place on The Main Stage at the Convention Center.
Click here to register for the 2018 Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo. California Restaurant Association members receive one complimentary registration per $100 of CRA membership dues paid when they register with their membership ID Number.
The Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo gathers thousands of restaurant and foodservice professionals to gain experience and knowledge on how to become more informed, more educated, more competitive, and more profitable in the industry. The tradeshow and conference, started in 1936 is produced by Clarion UX (www.urban-expo.com) and sponsored by the California Restaurant Association (www.calrest.org). The 2018 event will take place August 19-19 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. For more information, visit www.westernfoodexpo.com.
Produced and Managed by Clarion UX
Founded in 1995, Urban Expositions, now operating as Clarion UX and owned by Clarion Events, produces and manages a portfolio of 36 trade and consumer events, serving a range of industry sectors including Gift, Souvenir, Art, Aviation, Foodservice, Specialty Retail, Gaming, Automotive and Enthusiast Lifestyle, with offices in Kennesaw, GA, Chicago, IL, Shelton, CT, Portland, OR, and Boca Raton, FL. www.urban-expo.com.
About the California Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (CRAF)
CRAF works to enhance education and training programs within the hospitality industry, reaching 9,000 students each year. ProStart is a two-year program designed to prepare high school juniors and seniors for exciting careers in foodservice. For more information, visit www.calrestfoundation.org.