DON’T MISS CENTER STAGE THIS AUGUST AT THE WESTERN FOODSERVICE & HOSPITALITY EXPO - AN EDUCATIONAL, INTERACTIVE, ENTERTAINING FEATURED AREA
LOS ANGELES, CA, June 17, 2019 – One of the most dynamic featured areas at the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo is Center Stage, offering three days of culinary demonstrations by celebrity chefs, insightful panel discussions and culinary and beverage competitions. The Expo, which is co-located with Healthy Food Expo West and Coffee Fest, will be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center, August 25-27, 2019.
“We have put together a stellar line up of chefs including winners of Top Chef, MasterChef, ABC’s The Taste, CNBC’s Restaurant StartUp as well as industry leaders, and invite all attendees to make plans to visit the Center Stage during the Show to watch fantastic demonstrations and taste delicious food and drinks,” said Tom Loughran, Vice President for the Clarion UX Food & Beverage Group, “Our theme on August 26 is Meatless Monday, in honor of the Healthy Food Expo, with chefs demonstrating plant-based dishes.” The Center Stage schedule is below, to access updates click here.
Sunday, August 25
- The Coaches “Hot Seat” - David Scott Peters, Sandy Korem & Darren Denington, three of the industry’s top coaches explore the what, why, where, when and how of a food & beverage operation. Attendees will learn excellent ideas they can adapt to their own restaurant, foodservice operation or store. (11:30am-12:30pm)
- Mareya Ibrahim, an award-winning entrepreneur, chef, author and inventor, will feature the Best Blender Gazpacho with Baked Avocado Crisps. She is the founder and CEO of Grow Green Industries, Inc. creators of patented, plant-based organic and Kosher solutions. (12:30-1:30pm) A book signing of her new book “Eat Like You Give a Fork” will follow her demonstration.
- Chef Ricardo Zarate, the godfather of Peruvian cuisine, will showcase his talent that has earned him widespread critical acclaim and praise from media and consumers alike. A meet and greet with Zarate will follow his culinary demonstration. (1:30-2:30pm)
- Brian Malarkey, Food Network Judge, Top Chef finalist and winning mentor on ABC’s The Taste, is the creator of 15 wildly successful restaurants across the United States and this year he will be showcasing his culinary talent with a meet and greet with the Chef following his demonstration. (2:30-3:30pm)
Monday, August 26 – Meatless Monday in honor of the Healthy Food Expo
- Rapid Fire Challenge: Meatless Monday Edition is supported by Meatless Monday and will feature three selected chefs who will present their finest and most creative meatless dish for a chance to win $1,000. (3:30 – 5:00pm) Judges include:
- Dana Smith, Campaign Director, Meatless Monday
- Leslie Durso, Vegan Chef and Wellness Expert
- Dreux Ellis, Executive Chef, Café Gratitude
- Jenny Ross, Executive Chef, Tribest & Consulting Chef, Jenny Ross Living Foods
- Emcee: Shaun O’Neale, Season 7 Champion of MasterChef
- Chef Shaun O’Neale, will demonstrate his dish Street Corn Ravioli, in honor of Meatless Monday. From the streets of Mexico to a modern pasta dish, the flavors in this ravioli are immediately recognizable, but in a surprising fun new way. Shaun will be available for a meet and greet following his demonstration. (11:30am-12:30pm)
- Leslie Durso, Vegan Chef and Wellness Expert, and glowing face of a fresher plant-based movement, will present one of her signature dishes from the Four Seasons. Her dish, Portobello Zarandiato consists of marinated, suveed, and grilled mushrooms thinly sliced and served with chipotle aioli, avocado, and slaw in a warm tortilla. (12:30-1:30pm)
- The Foodservice Council for Women will celebrate women in the industry. Following the panel, the Beacon Award will be presented to Madelyn Alfano, President, Maria's Italian Kitchen (1:30 – 2:30 pm). Panelists include:
- Vanda Asapahu Chef & Owner, Ayara Thai
- Holly Jivin, Chef de Cuisine, The Bazaar by José Andrés at the SLS Beverly Hills
- Madelyn Alfano, President, Maria's Italian Kitchen
- Antonia Lofaso, Executive Chef & Restaurateur, DAMA, Scopa Italian Roots & Black Market Liquor Bar
- Moderator: Kathleen Wood, Co-Founder, Foodservice Council for Women
- Antonia Lofaso, Executive Chef & Restaurateur, DAMA, Scopa Italian Roots & Black Market Liquor Bar, has quickly become one of America’s most beloved chefs and is best known for her roles on Top Chef, CNBC’s Restaurant Startup, Cutthroat Kitchen, Iron Chef America, Best Thing I Ever Ate and most recently, Food Network’s Guy's Grocery Games. (2:45-3:30pm)
Tuesday, August 27
- Raise the Bar-Through Training & Elevating the Cocktail Experience, a discussion with demonstrations from top experts in the hospitality industry. They will be talking about the importance of implementing a structured training program that will motivate a staff and build their confidence to achieve consistency and consumer spending. (11:30am-12:30pm) Panelists include:
- Art Sutley, Publisher, Bar Business Magazine Nightlife & Hospitality Expert
- Mia Mastroianni, Actress, Bar Rescue
- Rob Floyd, RX Liquid Chef, Sip Boldly & Bar Rescue
- Hip Sip: Battle of the Modern Bartender Competition – Tequila and Mezcal, sponsored by Bar Business Magazine and The Mixology Method will feature bartenders who will compete to win $1,000 for the best Tequila and Mezcal cocktails. Emcees include: Martin Cole, "The British Bartender" and Jeremy Lake, "Award-Winning Mixologist", both from The Mixology Method. Judges will include Mia Mastroianni, Actress, Bar Rescue and Rob Floyd, RX Liquid Chef, Sip Boldly & Bar Rescue. (12:30 -2:00pm)
The Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo, sponsored by the California Restaurant Association (www.calrest.org), will be held August 25-27, 2019 at the Los Angeles Convention Center, and will provide industry professionals access to the hottest menu trends, state of the art design and decor, a renowned education program, several culinary demonstrations, and 450+ of the leading vendors and purveyors dedicated to serving the restaurant & foodservice community. For more information, visit www.westernfoodexpo.com
The trade show and conference will be co-located with Healthy Food Expo West and Coffee Fest, and one badge will grant attendees access to all three events offering the largest food & beverage experience on the West Coast. Healthy Food Expo West will bring attendees access to the latest and greatest healthy products from organic, vegan, gluten-free and allergy-safe to hormone-free, non-GMO, plant-based, low-sodium, low-fat, and more. Coffee Fest is the business-to-business specialty coffee & tea destination for access to new products, education and trends.
The three trade shows are owned and managed by Clarion UX (www.clarionux.com), which produces 37 events across 13 sectors of both trade and consumer events. Clarion UX, which is the U.S. division of Clarion Events, UK, and backed by The Blackstone Group has become one of the fastest growing event companies in the U.S. with aggressive growth through both acquisition and launch. Clarion acquired PennWell in early 2018, bringing 4 Tradeshow 200 events into the U.S. portfolio and super-charging the already rapid growth. Clarion UX has offices in Trumbull, CT; Kennesaw, GA; Boca Raton, FL; Tacoma, WA, and Fairlawn, NJ.
# # #