Food Service and Public Health Summit
Tuesday, August 27, 2019 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Los Angeles Convention Center, presented in conjunction with the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo
1201 S. Figueroa St., South Hall, Room 303AB
Los Angeles, CA 90015
New Challenges in Retail Food Industry: Meeting Food Safety and Other Bottom Line Demands
The CRA and the California Conference of Directors of Environmental Health (CCDEH) will be hosting its second open discussion about the many changes facing the restaurant industry, including new food service models, food waste and other public health and sustainability demands
The goal of the summit is to discuss industry challenges as they relate to food safety and to explore opportunities with the local regulators for promoting our food service logistics and food safety. CRA restaurant members and local environmental health specialists will be on the panel.
Matt Sutton, California Restaurant Association (CRA)
Justin Malan, California Conference of Directors of Environmental Health (CCDEH)
Topics to be covered include:
- New modes in food delivery – implications of internet sales, in-home kitchens and more mobile units on restaurants and food safety
- Innovations in food safety science
- Food waste reduction and the AB 1383 directive - is there 20% to save?
- Mission creep: Should enforcement of plastic straw restrictions, allergy knowledge, nutritional standards, paperless receipts and food delivery services all be under CalCode?
- Hemp and Cannabis in food – what’s the buzz?