Food Service and Public Health Summit
Monday, August 20, 2018 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST
Los Angeles Convention Center, presented in conjunction with the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo
1201 S. Figueroa St., South Hall, Room 301AB
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Missing the middle man...a brave new world of food service without brick and mortar facilities
The CRA and the CCDEH will be hosting an open discussion about the many changes the restaurant industry is confronted with, including third-party delivery services, home-prepared retail food business, outdoor dining, and food waste. The goal of the summit is to discuss industry challenges as they relate to food safety and to explore opportunities with the local regulators for promoting our food service logistics and food safety. Industry panelists of CRA restaurant members will also take part.
Matt Sutton, California Restaurant Association (CRA)
Justin Malan, California Conference of Directors of Environmental Health (CCDEH)
Local Environmental Health Representatives:
Marie Woodin/Jason Boetzer, Sacramento Co.
Elise Rothschild, San Diego Co.
Nelson Kerr, City of Long Beach
Freddie Agyn, Los Angeles Co.
Liza Frias, Orange Co.
Josh Dugas, San Bernardino Co.
Topics to be covered include:
- How far should we go with outdoor food prep and dining?
- Ensuring safe third-party food delivery services
- Can food carts meet necessary sanitary requirements?
- Community kitchens and in-home restaurants
- How will restaurants meet food waste reduction goals?
- AB 2178 and the new host facility permitsDevelopments to promote safe surplus food donations