Food Service and Public Health Summit
Tuesday, Augsut 27, 2019 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Los Angeles Convention Center, presented in conjunction with the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo
1201 S. Figueroa St., South Hall, Room 303AB
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Missing the middle man...a brave new world of food service without brick and mortar facilities
The CRA and the CCDEH will be hosting an open discussion about the many changes the restaurant industry is confronted with, including third-party delivery services, home-prepared retail food business, outdoor dining, and food waste. The goal of the summit is to discuss industry challenges as they relate to food safety and to explore opportunities with the local regulators for promoting our food service logistics and food safety. Industry panelists of CRA restaurant members will also take part.
Matt Sutton, California Restaurant Association (CRA)
Justin Malan, California Conference of Directors of Environmental Health (CCDEH)
Topics to be covered include:
- How far should we go with outdoor food prep and dining?
- Ensuring safe third-party food delivery services
- Can food carts meet necessary sanitary requirements?
- Community kitchens and in-home restaurants
- How will restaurants meet food waste reduction goals?
- AB 2178 and the new host facility permitsDevelopments to promote safe surplus food donations