The Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo co-located with the Healthy Food Expo West is accepting submissions for presenting faculty for our 2020 Education Program. We are seeking talented speakers who are objective, dynamic and have boundless enthusiasm for sharing their expertise and knowledge.
2020 Education Program
The following tracks will be included in the 2020 Education Program:
- Bar & Beverage - Topic examples include boosting beverage earnings, bar design, hot trends in beverage, Craft Brews and Artisan Beverages, liability, bartender training to upsell, hiring the right bartenders, creating signature cocktails...
- Employees & Staffing - Topic examples include minimizing turnover, enhance professional development, sexual harassment training, how to find talent, tips for building a winning team, management training, Gen Z, delivering optimal customer experience...
- Health & Diet (Healthy Food Expo West) - Topic examples include gluten-free, food allergies, nutrition, sourcing local, plant-based topics, food safety...
- Hot Topics - Topic examples include menu, cusine and profits, food and beverage trends, Gen Z, cannabis...
- Marketing & Social Media - Increaseing revenue and loyalty, PR for indepenent and multi-chain restaurants, social media in your restaurant, tech savvy topics and trends, keeping your onine reviews safe, marketing tactics and trends...
- Operational Excellence - Topic examples include menu engineering for maximum profitability, catering topics, lowering food costs, minimizing risk and legal issues, franchising, how to get out of your restaurant...
- THE FOLLOWING FORMATS ARE ENCOURAGED:
- Foodservice Forums: These sessions present topics of interest in the foodservice market that enhance productivity or shed light on how to resolve particular problem or issue. Conference sessions can be single-leader, co-presenters, or panel formats with the goal of presenters sharing their insights and experise on a particular instance of industry knowledge.
- Panel of Industry Experts: The strongest consideration will be given to moderated panel discussions, featuring several leading experts from the foodservice industy to discuss a topic in one of the propsed tracks above.
- Roundtable Discussions, Topic Debates, Tastings, CEO/Celebrity Keynotes or Headliners.
- SUGGESTIONS AND REMINDERS:
- Keep in mind that the quality of the description that you submit matters as well as titles! Be creative with your discussion but not too creative with your title - a short, to the point title works best. The ability for your description to clearly explain what the attendees will learn from you is the key to having your submission make it through evaluation.
- Product pitches are NOT education. Attendees do not like being sold on a specific company when they have invested their valuable time and money to recieve tactical training. A strong alternative is a hosted panel discussion of your top clients discussing the importance of a product/company like yours.
- Do a reality check on your submission. It is important to be aware of the marketplace and what's on attendee minds.
Submissions are subjected to the following review:
- Originality - Topics should provide a unique perspective, viewpoint or way of doing something
- Timeliness and Interest - Topics should contain new material not previously presented at other events/or within our Food Show Portfolio if you are a returning speaker
- Educational Value - An objective presenation that meets the educational needs of the audience is optimal to enhancing the credibility of the speaker, the speaker's employer and the program
- Sales pitches are NOT considered
- Incomplete submissions will NOT be considered
*Please note that Speakers are responsible for expenses as well as hotel and travel arrangements to the Show.
Financial assistance is not provided.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS FRIDAY, MARCH 6, 2020!
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
Email Patricia Copela @ email@example.com