How to Legally Include Back of House Workers in a Tip Pool
Everyone in the restaurant industry is trying to address the issue of wage inequality between Front of House, and Back of House workers. But how do you do it legally? Is it even possible?
It is! And we're going to show you how to do it thoughtfully, effectively, and legally.
Our panel of active employment attorneys in Southern California will walk you through, The Operator, Chef, and Manager, through the grey area of tipping laws as they practically relate to the restaurant industry workers of Southern California and how to include back of house workers and a tip pool or tip out system legally, without fear.
This will be an exciting brainstorming session that inspires you to get creative with alternative compensation models for your staff and help you weather the storm of rising costs slated to besiege our industry over the next several years.
When the going gets tough, the tough get creative.
See you there!
Location: Theater A - Booth 1754
All presentations in this stream
- 2:00 am COGS Troubleshooting 101 a.k.a. Did My Lettuce Always Cost $3,000?
- 2:00 am How Do You Turn Your New Restaurant into a Standout Restaurant?
- 12:00 pm Profit is a Predetermined Figure-Menu Engineering for a Maximum Profitability
- 1:00 am Leasing Restaurant Space? Negotiate to Win!
- 3:00 am 5 Things that Will Make You the Most Profits in Catering
- 4:00 am Automation and AI are Knocking: How Will Your Restaurant Answer?
- 12:00 pm Legal Center Live at Western Food Expo
- 1:00 am Selling or Buying a Restaurant? Learn the Tips, Tricks, and Traps You Will Encounter
- 3:00 am 2017 Survival Guide that Every Restaurant Manager and Owner Should Know
- 12:00 pm I'm So Confused! New 2017 Wage & Hour Laws, and More!