I'm So Confused! New 2017 Wage & Hour Laws, and More!
Once again, California is awash in new Employment Laws. This program will drill down into the most confusing and complex of the new 2017 laws that most affect hospitality employers. We’ll start with a 2016 December Supreme Court ruling that upended the rest break rules, the new minimum wage requirements, piece rate compensation laws and what are you legally allowed to ask a potential employee. Come to hear these new laws explained, learn how to minimize risk, and get your questions answered.
Among the key topics to be discussed are:
- New Rules for Rest Breaks
- Minimum Wage Increase
- Overtime Errors
- New Federal Overtime Rules
- Piece-Rate Issues
Location: Theater A - Booth 1754
All presentations in this stream
- 2:00 am COGS Troubleshooting 101 a.k.a. Did My Lettuce Always Cost $3,000?
- 2:00 am How Do You Turn Your New Restaurant into a Standout Restaurant?
- 12:00 pm Profit is a Predetermined Figure-Menu Engineering for a Maximum Profitability
- 1:00 am Leasing Restaurant Space? Negotiate to Win!
- 3:00 am 5 Things that Will Make You the Most Profits in Catering
- 4:00 am Automation and AI are Knocking: How Will Your Restaurant Answer?
- 12:00 pm Legal Center Live at Western Food Expo
- 1:00 am Selling or Buying a Restaurant? Learn the Tips, Tricks, and Traps You Will Encounter
- 1:00 am How to Legally Include Back of House Workers in a Tip Pool
- 3:00 am 2017 Survival Guide that Every Restaurant Manager and Owner Should Know