RESTAURANT, FOODSERVICE AND HOSPITALITY COMMUNITY SET TO CONVENE IN LOS ANGELES IN JUST A FEW DAYS FOR THE 2019 WESTERN FOODSERVICE & HOSPITALITY EXPO, COFFEE FEST AND HEALTHY FOOD EXPO
LOS ANGELES, CA, August 20, 2019 – From August 25-27 thousands of restaurant, foodservice and hospitality industry professionals will gather for the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo, Healthy Food Expo West and Coffee Fest at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Attendees will have access to all three trade shows and conferences which will offer something for each part of the community with education, culinary demonstrations, exhibits and networking opportunities.
“We are looking forward to bringing together the key players in restaurant, foodservice and retail establishments to participate in this largest gathering offering an expansive exhibit hall with 450+ exhibitors, culinary demonstration and competitions with celebrity chefs, hundreds of education sessions across the three events and dozens of networking opportunities.” said Tom Loughran, Vice President of the Clarion UX Food & Beverage Group. For all of the latest information, visit www.westernfoodexpo.com.
Below is a schedule of the special events for the Western Foodservice Expo and Healthy Food Expo. For the complete schedule of events for Coffee Fest Los Angeles, click here.
Sunday, August 25: Exhibit Hall open 11:00 am-5:00 pm
- 10:00 am-12:00 pm- Great Management is the Biggest Contributor to Success! - Scott Blanchard will go over what defines great management, how it works to produce extraordinary results, and what to do about it now. (Meeting Room 303AB)
- 11:30am-12:30pm - The Coaches “Hot Seat”- David Scott Peters, Sandy Korem, and Darren Dennington will explore the who, what, where, when and how of an attendee’s operation. (Center Stage)
- 12:30 pm-1:30 pm - Culinary Demonstration with Chef Mareya Ibrahim, the Fit Foodie, Founder and CEO of Grow Green Industries, Inc. who will demonstrate her Blender Gazpacho with Baked Avocado Crisps (Center Stage)
- 1:30pm-2:30pm- Culinary Demonstration with Chef Ricardo Zarate, the Godfather of Peruvian Cuisine, who will demonstrate his Ceviche Crocante. (Center Stage)
- 2:30pm-3:30pm Culinary Demonstration with Chef Brian Malarkey, Food Network Judge, and Top Chef finalist on The Taste, will demonstrate his Oxtail Gnocchi (Center Stage)
- 3:30pm-5:00pm-Torch Award Presentation to Roy Choi, entrepreneur, Best-Selling Author, and TV Host (Center Stage)
Monday, August 26: Exhibit Hall open 11:00 am-5:00 pm
- 9:30am-11:30am - Allertrain - Beth Winthrop, MS, RD Food Allergy Specialist, will run this ANSI accredited, manager-level food allergy and gluten-free training course. Registration required. (Meeting Room 304AB)
- 11:00 am-11:45am - Pitch the Press- Education Station - Hear presentations from a specially selected group of exhibitors offering the most intriguing new products, services, and trends. Each presenter will be given the opportunity to pitch for 2 minutes, followed by a 1-minute Q&A for press and buyers.
- 11:30am-12:30pm - Culinary Demonstration with Chef Shaun O’Neale, Chef and author, Shaun will demonstrate his Roasted Garlic and Wild Mushroom Risotto (Center Stage)
- 12:30pm-1:30pm - Culinary Demonstration with Chef Leslie Durso, vegan chef and wellness expert, who will demonstrate her Portobello Zarandiato (Center Stage)
- 1:30 pm-2:30 pm - Foodservice Council for Women and Beacon Award Presentation - The Beacon award is being presented to Madelyn Alfano, President & CEO of Maria’s Italian Kitchen who will also join a dynamic panel of women for an engaging discussion. (Center Stage)
- 2:45pm-3:30pm - Culinary Demonstration with Chef Antonia Lofaso, Executive Chef and Restaurateur, who will demonstrate a meticulously designed and executed dish. (Center Stage)
- 2:00pm-5:00pm - Take Back Your Budget: The Key to Profitability: David Scott Peters, Restaurant Coach, will demonstrate his Restaurant Profitability Formula, teaching how to build a budget the right way. Registration required. (Meeting Room 304AB)
- 3:30 pm-5:00 pm- Rapid Fire Challenge: Meatless Monday Edition – Chef’s will prepare creative meatless dishes with judges and audience voting. One chef will be named the champion and win $1,000. (Center Stage)
- 4:00 pm-5:30 pm - Why Whiskey? Tasting and Education - Bourbon and International Whiskey Tasting presented by Tom Fischer, co-founder of the first Whiskey Sommelier Program in the world. Registration required. (Meeting Room 306 AB)
Tuesday, August 27: Exhibit Hall open 11:00 am-4:00 pm
- 10:00 am-12:00 pm - Profitable Menu Design - Donald Burns, Founder, The Restaurant Coach will teach employees how to create a menu from design and colors to pricing and menu rollouts. Registration required. (Meeting Room 304 AB)
- 10:00am-12:00pm - RestaurantsCare: Let’s Talk About Mental Health + Wellness in Restaurants – CRA’s Alycia Harshfield invites everyone to talk about mental health + wellness in restaurants. (Meeting Room 303AB)
- 11:30am-12:30pm - Bar Business: Raise the Bar Through Training & Elevating the Cocktail Experience - Art Sutley, Mia Mastroianni and Rob Floyd will lay out three essential components to ensure establishments are delivering the customer experience necessary to be successful! (Center Stage)
- 1:00pm-3:00pm - Food Service and Public Health Summit - Matt Sutton and Justin Malan will cover topics from new modes in food delivery to Hemp and Cannabis in food. (Meeting Room 303AB)
- 12:30pm-2:00pm - Hip Sip: Battle of the Modern Bartender Tequila and Mezcal Edition - Bartenders will judged on the creativity using Tequila and Mezcal for a chance to win $1000. (Center Stage
- 2:00pm-3:00pm - Culinary Demonstration with Chef Chris Robbins, Chef and Owner of LN2 Restaurant, will demonstrate his Buffalo Duck Wing Confit in Tangerine-Sriracha Glaze with Celery-Citrus Salad. (Center Stage)
The Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo, sponsored by the California Restaurant Association (www.calrest.org), will provide industry professionals access to the hottest menu trends, state of the art design and decor, a renowned education program, several culinary demonstrations, and 450+ of the leading vendors and purveyors dedicated to serving the restaurant & foodservice community. For more information, visit www.westernfoodexpo.com
The three trade shows are owned and managed by Clarion UX (www.clarionux.com), which produces 37 events across 13 sectors of both trade and consumer events. Clarion UX, which is the U.S. division of Clarion Events, UK, and backed by The Blackstone Group has become one of the fastest growing event companies in the U.S. with aggressive growth through both acquisition and launch. Clarion acquired PennWell in early 2018, bringing 4 Tradeshow 200 events into the U.S. portfolio and super-charging the already rapid growth. Clarion UX has offices in Trumbull, CT; Kennesaw, GA; Boca Raton, FL; Tulsa, OK; Tacoma, WA, and Fairlawn, NJ.
# # #