Culinary Consultant / Chef / Author
A classically trained chef, Denise founded Food Fanatics in 1988, a catering, recipe-development, and food-styling firm based in Los Angeles, California. In 2012 Denise rebranded her company as the Denise Vivaldo Group. As a consultant, food stylist, and culinary producer with over 30 years’ experience, Denise has helped with numerous television productions, infomercials, food manufacturers, grocery stores chains, restaurants, publishers, authors and celebrities with their projects and products. Denise is a popular contributing blogger to the Huffington Post as well as her own blog, Denise Vivaldo Blogs. She also teaches food styling, catering and cooking classes and workshops in a multitude of locations across the country and internationally. She has been a featured guest expert on many television shows.
Denise is the author of eight books:
• The Food Styling Handbook, winner of numerous awards and considered to be the food styling bible;
• How to Start a Home-Based Catering Business, which has sold more than 150,000 copies and is in its 6th edition;
• How to Start a Home-Based Personal Chef Business, now in it’s 2nd edition;
• The Entertaining Encyclopedia, and its companion book Perfect Table Settings.
• Do It For Less! Parties, and Do It For Less! Weddings, entertaining books with quantity recipes; and
• The Top 100 Napkin Folds.
A native of Marin, California, Denise lives in Los Angeles with two very large dogs and one regular size husband.